On 22. April our cope14 MOOC will start with hundreds of learners – and my colleague Erika and I aim to moderate this bunch of different learners.
I believe I’m not too bad in monitoring online learning processes and I have a lot of experience caring for my online groups – but … these were rather small groups, 8 persons, 15 or 16, sometimes 30 in my teaching or training activities, sometimes around 50-60. And, yes, they wrote 1100 contributions in 3 weeks Den Rest des Beitrags lesen »
Aufgrund meines Engagements im postgradualen Masterlehrgang Public Communication lese ich gerade Stefan Münkers Buch: Emergenz digitaler Öffentlichkeiten: Die Sozialen Medien im Web 2.0 (2009). Den Rest des Beitrags lesen »
In Autumn 2013 we started to work on our own MOOC – in this post I want to explain why we decided to create a MOOC, how it will look like and what our objectives are. Den Rest des Beitrags lesen »
Cleaning up by blog I stumbled upon a post of summer 2012 which I didn’t finish – and which remains interesting to me until today. This post describes one discussion during the BeTreat workshop of Etienne and Bev Wenger. Den Rest des Beitrags lesen »
EMOOCs2014 was a great conference and EPFL in Lausanne a suitable place (two sunny days!) – and it’s fun how we love to meet each other in times of MOOCs.
My reflection on the conference is personal and restrained by my disability to be in four tracks at the same time … Den Rest des Beitrags lesen »
A lot ist happening around the footprints :-)
- Our online course about the footprints of emergence gave me interesting insights into the use of footprints by different learners. And new ideas how to use the footprints emerged!
- In January we develop a proposal for the Sparkling Science call where students of schools should work as scientists. Our idea in the project is that the students themselves should “translate” the template of the footprints into their world. It will be a very emergent process when 12 or 16 year old students work with the complex footprint template! Now let’s cross our finders that our submission will be successful.
- I finally finished the call for papers for our 13. E-Learning Day around evaluation of open learning scenarios and I’m very happy that the “parents” of the footprints Jenny Mackness and Roy Williams will give the keynote :-) (the conference is in German but there will be English presentations as well).
- I have got a lot of footprints from online-courses, workshops, classes to look at and analyze in detail – and I’m looking forward to find time to immerse myself into it!
- And … in an interesting online meeting with Jenny and Roy we discussed where the footprints came from. I’m very curios to read more about the background of the footprints because until today I’m struggling with the understanding of some of the factors. I did a first mindmap and will add further information to it while our discussion goes on.